Each Sunday of Lent we will be given a new theme for the week. Things will kick off with an “Ignition Talk” that will be a longer reflection that will help us to dive in deep to give us beautiful insights into the week’s focus. Then throughout the week there will be shorter “Spark Talks” that will give further insights coming from personal reflections.
This week our focus is on PRAYER and we are blessed to have Monsignor Hermes of the Diocese of Rockford shares his valuable insights.
- Ponder for a moment the fact that God is waiting for you to communicate with Him and that He desires to communicate with you!
- What kind/form of prayer fits your heart and personality best? Can you find time to pray in this way each day?
- Can I create corner within a room of my home that can be set up as a special place for prayer?
- Can I make a point of praying together with my family?
- Can I consider making a new good habit of remaining at Church after Mass for a few minutes to pray in thanksgiving for the gift of the Eucharist?
- Be kind to yourself and understand that prayer is not graded or meant to be done perfectly – it is simply meant to be done with love…God loves your prayer!