This week our focus is on SCRIPTURE! Learning where to start or how to find depth in Scripture can be overwhelming, but Fr. Romke gives us insights into how to truly encounter God through the Bible and how to receive it as a love letter from God.
- Am I aware of the hunger that nags at my heart and soul? Am I willing to try a new approach of feeding this hunger with the Word of God and to live upon it?
- Can I try turning to scripture for help, guidance, and answers when I need strength in the midst of confusion or questions that I have for God?
- Can I try to begin reading one of the Gospels this week in an attempt to encounter Jesus found within rather than trying to figure out what it all means?
- Spend some time reading and praying with the story of Peter walking on water (Matthew 14:22-33) you can find it here: https://bible.usccb.org/bible/matthew/14
- Sit and pray with these passages:
- “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you – before you were born I consecrated you.” – Jeremiah 1:5
- Come to me, all who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble of heart, and you will find rest for your soul. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” – Matthew 11:28-30
- “God makes ALL things work for good for those who love Him.” – Romans 8:28
- Most of all I’m excited for you to do one . . . simple . . . thing . . . to plan time each day this week to sit and listen through Scripture to a friend who loves you DEARLY. . . to listen . . . and to believe . . .as God tells you that He – LOVES – YOU!