Bob Slain shares with us his journey in coming to know the Scriptures and letting the Word of God be a compass for his life.
ALSO: It has come to our attention that Monday’s video was not viewable for some of you. The issue has been corrected so you can find that content re-posted right here below Bob Slain’s talk. The best part about this is that Monday’s talk was given by his wife Mardelle, so enjoy these two talks from this great couple!
- Have you ever read scripture to another person? Might you consider reading one of the Gospels to someone you know who may appreciate it? Perhaps someone who is homebound?
- Consider beginning a journey through the book the Acts of the Apostles – it is a wonderful book filled with the Holy Spirit moving in big ways through miracles and inner strengthening of individuals to give them courage to have faith in the face of difficulties.
- The book of James among other things highlights the need to have perseverance in the face of trails and temptations – are there and trials and temptations that you are facing in your own life? Consider reading James for guidance
- This beautiful book of scripture also attests to the need to truly live our Faith through the works that we do. Consider how your inner faith informs your decisions and affects how you act in the world? Ask God how He might be inviting you to live out your faith in a deeper way.
- Click here to Read the Book of James: https://bible.usccb.org/bible/james/1?1=#67001001
Repost of MONDAY’s
SCRIPTURE SPARK TALK
Scripture can make a difference in your life, and Mardelle Slain beautifully illustrates this during her testimony for today’s Spark Talk.!
- Do you have a relationship with the Bible? Like any relationship it takes an investment of time and energy, but it is so worth it – are you willing to begin a relationship with the Bible, and in turn deepen your relationship with God?
- Spend a few minutes reflecting on these few passages, not just reading them, but truly reflecting and allowing our Father to show you His love through them and how they can impact you life:
- “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son so that whoever believes in Him might not die but have eternal life” – John 3:16
- “I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me” – Phil. 4:13
- Hear my cry, O God, listen to my prayer! From the ends of the earth I call; my heart grows faint. Raise me up, set me on a rock, for you are my refuge, a tower of strength against the foe. Let me dwell in your tent forever, take refuge in the shelter of your wings.” – Psalm 61:2-5
- Is God possibly calling you to serve at your parish as a lector? Pray about this and talk to you pastor if you feel God calling you to minister to His people in this way.