Rita VanWassenhove shares her personal story about embracing the circumstances of life and turning them over to the Lord as a beautiful and willing surrender and sacrifice.
- In the midst of your own struggles and hardships, do you actively seek to reach out to others to help them in their own needs? What could you concretely do to help someone who may be very in need of receiving some compassion?
- Do you ever think to yourself in the midst of everything: “This isn’t fair?” Sometimes life isn’t fair – and in these moments we need to surrender and to turn it over to the Lord. Are you willing to try this?
- The key to continuing in the face of hardship is to daily surrender your will and your life over to the care of God. Can you try to pray the words of Jesus: “Father, into your hand I commend my Spirit” and to pray “I offer myself as a sacrifice. God I offer myself as a living sacrifice, lift me with you, let me act as your body here on earth.”
- Have you ever considered praying and asking God if it is His will to take someone’s pain upon yourself as an offering? Know that if you do this God will only allow it if He knows that it is for your good.
- What concrete thing do you think God may be asking you to sacrifice as a means of growth? Can you ask Him for the courage to step forward and do that thing?