Today’s Spark Talk for the Catching fire retreat is presented by Kyle Ackman, who shares his insights into what sacrifice looks like as a husband and father.
- How could it change your outlook on life (and possibly being kind to yourself) by viewing yourself as a disciple of Christ “In Training?”
- Can I try to embrace the trials that I haven’t “signed up for” like St. Joseph? Try spending a few moments reflecting on his scenario and the love that enabled Him to sacrifice and bring great good from difficulty.
- Consider the following: “Sacrifice is a prerequisite for growth. You cannot be who you used to be and who you are going to be at the same time.” – Inky Johnson. As daunting as it may be, consider how the benefits of the growth you are seeking far outweigh whatever it is that you individually are being called by God to sacrifice.
- Think about how “You don’t HAVE to commit to be better, but you GET to commit to be better.” Keeping this in mind can help you to want to change and to take ownership and give you self-confidence rather than feeling cornered into having to change.
- Reflect upon the following Prayer: “God thank you for Mercy, you desire that no one perishes but that we all come to Christ. Thank you for the many opportunities that you have given me to make the right choice. Thank you for not ending that count before I came to my senses.” How does understanding and keeping in mind that God believes in you and that He gives you more chances because He knows you can succeed change your desire to give your all?
- St Paul says that: “To live is Christ and to die is gain” – Philippians 1:21 In what ways am I being called to put the needs of others before my own? How can I concretely do this today?