Karen Chamberlin gives heartfelt suggestions about how to deepen your faith life by offering sacrifices and penances to God.
- How do you respond when what God puts on your plate is truly the LAST thing that you would want? Are you willing to let God stretch you? Are you willing to do what God needs you to do rather than what you want to do?
- Have you asked yourself yet this Lent: “What am I going to do to to work on my relationship with the Lord?” Have you focused on relationship this Lent?
- Can you designate a specific time each day to pray? Perhaps this idea seems daunting because of the sacrifice that it may involve – but hopefully this week you have come to see the beauty and fruit of sacrifice.
- When was the last time I took advantage of the sacrament of reconciliation? Am I willing to take this step to make my soul shine more beautifully so that my life can radiate God’s love?
- Just be willing to work on things! Realize that even in the smallest things, exchanging one bad habit for a good one is rewarding!