Nora Balayti shares encouragement on how to imitate Christ in His sacrificial love for others.
- Psalm 32:8 says that: “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go, I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.” God is watching us always, this is a beautiful thing, think about how knowing He is watching can both help us to want to do good to make Him proud, as well as give us confidence that we are not alone.
- How can you place a hand on the shoulder of someone whom you sense to be in need?
- On Holy Thursday, leading into the Passion, Jesus gave the Eucharist, and then He washed His disciples feet. How can we daily in our own way imitate Jesus act of love by “washing the feet” of those in need?
- Where do you catch yourself judging or condemning others? Jesus was condemned unjustly, and we of course shudder at the injustice and cruelty of it all – how do you do in concretely avoiding doing the same with others? For those whom you struggle with who may be guilty – can you forgive like Christ has forgiven?
- Think about how you can put the following into practice: “Bring love wherever you go, shine light wherever it is dark, leave blessings wherever you’ve been, and be kind wherever you are.” – Mary Davis